Why Join Chingford and the Chingford Academies Trust?
A people-centred school and Trust, where every member of staff is known and valued
Chingford, along with our sister school South Chingford Foundation School, is a member of the Chingford Academies Trust. We are very proud of our organisation and our mission is to recruit and retain the very best practitioners and support teams in our organisations.
We know that our staff our greatest asset; our personalised approach means that we rapidly recognise talent and seek to develop and reward staff whose commitment is to contributing to our mission to provide students with an excellent education. Here are 5 reasons to join us
- World-class, staff driven professional development programme delivered at Trust and school level for support staff and teachers alike
- Cohesive, optimistic and friendly staff body across both of our schools
- We operate under the principles of our Trust Charter which describes and defines the role of strong relationships in the success of our organisation
- Forward-thinkingleadership and governorship that seeks to engage staff and students
- A financially sound Trust
We offer a range of benefits for our staff. These include, but are not limited to:
Investing in You and Valuing You
Our Trust led professional development programme puts pedagogy and curriculum at its heart. Link in here. We also encourage our staff to undertake wider personal development and dedicate directed time to this because we understand that lifelong learning opportunities allow you to enrich your skill sets and broaden your horizons. Strong professional links exist across our two schools and we encourage staff to exchange time and new learning experiences at each of the schools. Benefits include childcare vouchers, the Cycle to Work scheme and other teaching benefits.
Our Working Environment and the Local Area
- Light, airy and attractive working spaces, each teacher has their own classroom.
- Well equipped and popular central staffroom area, close to the canteen.
- Every classroom is equipped with an interactive whiteboard
- Extensive sports and PE facilities including a full court sports hall, AstroTurf and climbing wall, table tennis courts and sports field
- Six fully functional science labs, five technology rooms and two dedicated art spaces
- Music suite furnished with 15 Mac computers complemented by four purpose-built ICT classrooms
- Chingford is a safe and popular district of Waltham Forest, which is itself urbane and forward -thinking. In 2019 it was the first London Borough of Culture
- Excellent entertainment, diverse restaurants and a wealth of unique sights, attractions and activities on your doorstep to benefit you in your free time and provide exciting learning opportunities beyond the classroom.
- Combine urban with rural and explore the popular woods, heathland, ponds and trails, in this sprawling suburban town. Chingford is less half an hour from the centre of London and is well connected through excellent transport links with the international rail terminal St Pancras close by for a weekend jaunt to Paris!
- Find out more about why you should teach in London, here.
Culture at Chingford Academies Trust Schools
Schools that are great places to teach and learn have the right culture. We work hard to create a respectful and relationship based culture. We achieve this by referencing our Trust Charter every day. We know our work can be challenging, but schools are also fun and collegiate places to be and we believe that this is critical to our success.
By joining our team, you will become part of a supportive, dynamic community of like-minded colleagues, who share a dedication to providing outstanding teaching and learning experiences for all. Staff relationships are founded on mutual respect and collaboration. Senior Leaders across the Trust empower staff through clear leadership, developmental feedback and recognising and rewarding staff dedication and potential. What you put in, you will certainly get back at the schools in the Chingford Academies Trust.
South Chingford Foundation School is a smaller school; we are professional and business-like but our size means that our whole staff body, students and parents and carers are like one big family.